The Sagar School with its large campus has ample space for a multitude of sports. Trained coaches assisted by multi-talented teachers encourage children to make personal sporting choices from football, cricket, athletics, basketball, tennis, table tennis, badminton, squash, swimming, horse riding, cycling and wall climbing. The students are coached well in the games of their choice and as they raise their standards of play, they graduate from inter-house and inter-school tournaments to state and national level championships.
Sports curriculum at The Sagar School provides the students with ample opportunities to learn and excel in sports of their choice. Being a boarding school, it is desirable that the Sagarians acquire the basic knowledge of each sport being conducted at the School. Main features of the sports curriculum are:
- Compulsory one hour sports for all students in the morning. Swimming and cross-country are compulsory for all.
- Students can opt for sports of their choice, but at the same time, they learn all the sports that are played at school level and become conversant with the rules and methods of such sports.
- Students of senior classes are also co-opted in organising sports tournaments which gives them a first-hand experience in sports administration.
- Two hours sports in the evenings for ‘Advanced Sportspersons’. These are those students who would represent the School in respective sports.
- We have qualified coaches, in addition, expert coaching is provided through short coaching camps.
- Opportunities for students to participate in tournaments and championships of repute, which includes seeding tournaments.